JOB POSTING: HTY Teaching Artist
HTY HIRING Teaching Artist
The Teaching Artist position is a full-time position, directly responsible to the Director of Drama Education who assigns projects and determines schedule as necessary. During the period of employment, the Teaching Artist is expected to fulfill a full-time schedule, including a mix of field work, planning when and where necessary and office work as overseen by the Director of Drama Education. In collaboration with Director of Drama Education (DDE),
· Teach/Implement specific HTY projects outlined by the DDE, including: making and attending meetings with teachers and school staff, designing and implementing lesson plans, submit ongoing updates about the project, submitting evaluation reports and maintaining proper files/records
· Include the DDE in on all decisions regarding the project(s)
· Submit a project lesson plan at least two weeks prior to the start of the project with follow-up rewrites as determined by the DDE
· Be available to teachers, participants and/or parents for evaluation.
· Evaluate effectiveness of programs, suggesting changes and/or additions or alternatives.
· Submit a one-page post-project report no more than one month after last project date
· Abide by the HTY Employee Handbook
Bachelor Degree –Experience in Arts Integration preferred
Submit Cover Letter & Resume to:
Daniel A Kelin II
Director of Drama Education
Honolulu Theatre for Youth
No phone calls please.